If you have knowledge or suspicion of fraud committed by an employee of the University, the Office of Internal Audits will investigate and may report it to the proper authorities if necessary.
To report fraud, phone our office at (512) 471-7117 or contact Mike Vandervort, Internal Audit Director, at email@example.com. Please be prepared to provide the following:
- Your name;
- Your phone number;
- A complete description of the alleged fraud;
- Party or parties involved, if known;
- Dollar amount, if known; and
- Any other information you believe may assist in our investigation.
You may also report fraud to University Compliance Services.
- Web Form: www.reportlineweb.com/utaustin
- Hotline: 1-877-888-0002 (Anonymous)
- Mailbox: PO BOX 8118, Austin, TX 78713 (Anonymous)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (May be anonymous)
- Office Phone: (512) 232-7055
You may also report suspected fraud, waste, and abuse to the State Auditor’s Office Hotline at 1-800-TX-AUDIT (1-800-892-8348). The State Auditor’s Office provides additional information at its website, http://sao.fraud.state.tx.us.